PREP TIME | 20 minutes
SERVINGS | 2
This steak will leave you and your taste buds satisfied. The garlic in this dish adds great flavor and contains antioxidants that support the body’s protective mechanisms against oxidative damage.
- • 2 Tbs. butter*
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. beef top sirloin steaks
- 20 asparagus spears
- 1 tsp. butter*
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat with garlic powder and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of each steak with salt and pepper.
- Grill steaks 4-5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. When done, transfer to warmed plates. Brush tops liberally with garlic butter, and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
- Place water in the bottom half of a steamer pan set. Add salt and butter, and bring to a boil.
- Trim the dry ends off the asparagus. If the spears are thick, peel them lightly with a vegetable peeler. Place them in the top half of the steamer pan set.
- Steam for 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus or until asparagus is tender.
MACROS PER SERVING
- 26 G of Protein
- 30 G of Fat
- 5 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Kerrygold butter and Organic Valley butter are good options to purchase.