This salmon recipe is delicious and the lime juice adds a refreshing citrus flavor you will enjoy. Limes are also a great source of vitamin C which helps to grow and repair our body's tissues.
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 (3 oz.) salmon steaks
- 4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
- 1 Tbs. grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar*
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
27 G of Protein
30 G of Fat
10 G of Carbs
*NOTE: 1 hour prep time is for marinating the salmon. Marukan organic rice vinegar is a good option to purchase.
1. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, mustard, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
2. Add the salmon steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
5. Remove the salmon from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
6. Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 10 minutes per side depending on thickness.
7. In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar and Parmesan cheese.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and shake to mix.
9. Top salad with sliced avocado and salmon.