This recipe can also be used on other meats such as Cornish hens and pork chops and result in the same great flavors. If you cannot find Meyer lemons you can substitute with organic lemons that have a thinner skin.
- 3 lb. chicken quartered
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Meyer lemons, quartered
- 20 Kalamata olives*
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper
16 G of Protein
32 G of Fat
3 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Diving Organic whole kalamata olives or Peloponnese pitted kalamata olives are good options to purchase.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place the chicken in a large baking dish and pour in the olive oil and wine.
3. Nestle the lemons around the chicken.
4. Then, sprinkle the olives, mint, thyme and sage over all.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste, noting that the olives will add some saltiness to the mix.
6. Cover and transfer to the preheated oven.
7. Roast for 30 minutes; then lower the temperature to 350°F and continue to roast until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 20 minutes more.
8. Remove from the oven and transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
9. Spoon the lemons and olives around the chicken and pour the pan sauce into a gravy boat.
10. Serve hot or at room temperature.