If you have never had a frittata, this will easily become a new favorite. This frittata mixes a lot of great flavors and looks beautiful when served. This is another great dish to make ahead and for have breakfast over the next few days.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cups finely chopped kale, Swiss chard, or spinach
- 8 strips of cooked bacon, chopped*
- 4 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs. butter
17 G of Protein
23 G of Fat
2 G of Carbs
NOTE: Applegate organics uncured reduced sodium Sunday bacon and Pederson's Natural Farms uncured no sugar added hickory smoke bacon are good options to purchase.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Use 2 Tbs. of butter to coat an 8-inch oven-safe frying pan and set aside. 3. Whisk the eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
3. Add the kale, bacon and 2 Tbs. of the cheese, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Scrape the egg mixture into the prepared pan.
6. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 2 Tbs. cheese and transfer to the preheated oven.
7. Bake until the center is set and the top is golden brown and almost crisp around the edges, about 18 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let stand for a couple of minutes before cutting into 4 wedges and serving.