Tomatoes Stuffed with Shrimp Salad
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
For this recipe you can feel free to switch out the shrimp for cooked lobster, wild-caught tuna or free-range organic chicken or turkey. A quick avocado salsa made from avocado, minced onion, cilantro and fresh lime juice will make a nice topping as well.
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1/4 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice • Tabasco sauce to taste
- 3 oz. peeled de-veined cooked shrimp, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbs. mayonnaise*
- 1 tsp. minced scallion (including some of the green part) • salt and pepper
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 cilantro sprigs, for garnish
22 G of Protein
21 G of Fat
12 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Sir Kensington classic mayonnaise and Primal Kitchen mayonnaise with avocado oil are good options to purchase.
1. Slice the top 1/2 inch off the tomato.
2. Scoop out the seeds and pulp and place the tomatoes, cut-side down, on a double layer paper towel to drain for at least 15 minutes.
3. Combine the avocado, lime juice and Tabasco in a shallow bowl and, using a kitchen fork, mash until quite smooth.
4. Place the shrimp in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Add the mashed avocado, along with the mayonnaise and scallion.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and gently toss to completely blend.
7. Stuff the salad into the tomato, mounding it slightly.
8. Place lettuce leaves in the center of a plate.
9. Place a tomato on the leaves, garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve.