For this recipe you can feel free to switch out the shrimp for cooked lobster, wild-caught tuna or free-range organic chicken or turkey. A quick avocado salsa made from avocado, minced onion, cilantro and fresh lime juice will make a nice topping as well.
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1/4 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice • Tabasco sauce to taste
- 3 oz. peeled de-veined cooked shrimp, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbs. mayonnaise*
- 1 tsp. minced scallion (including some of the green part) • salt and pepper
- 4 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 cilantro sprigs, for garnish
22 G of Protein
21 G of Fat
12 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Sir Kensington classic mayonnaise and Primal Kitchen mayonnaise with avocado oil are good options to purchase.
1. Slice the top 1/2 inch off the tomato.
2. Scoop out the seeds and pulp and place the tomatoes, cut-side down, on a double layer paper towel to drain for at least 15 minutes.
3. Combine the avocado, lime juice and Tabasco in a shallow bowl and, using a kitchen fork, mash until quite smooth.
4. Place the shrimp in a medium mixing bowl.
5. Add the mashed avocado, along with the mayonnaise and scallion.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste and gently toss to completely blend.
7. Stuff the salad into the tomato, mounding it slightly.
8. Place lettuce leaves in the center of a plate.
9. Place a tomato on the leaves, garnish with a sprig of cilantro and serve.
The salad is packed with flavor from the herbs and spices that are mixed to season the roast beef and the dressing. The radishes also add a nice crunch and are rich in vitamin C, which helps your body fight cellular damage.
7 oz. cooked rare roast beef, cut into 1/2 in. thick strips
2 bunched watercress, tough stems removed
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup sliced radishes
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 cup roasted coconut flakes*
2 Tbs. fresh cilantro leaves
2 Tbs. fresh mint leaves
30 G of Protein
48 G of Fat
12 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Let's Do... Organic 100% organic toasted unsweetened coconut flakes are a good option to purchase.
Combine the roast beef, watercress, onion, and radishes in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk together the oil and juice in a small bowl.
When blended, whisk in the chili powder, garlic, and cayenne.
Pour the dressing over the beef mixture, tossing to evenly coat.
Scoop the salad onto a serving plate and sprinkle the coconut, cilantro, and mint over the top.
Salads always make for a great meal. We added chicken, but feel free to add the protein of your choice from the approved ingredient list and you will have yourself a delicious meal you'll enjoy.
2/3 cup diced celery root or celery
2/3 cup diced seedless cucumber
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts, plus more for optional garnish
2 Tbs. green onions
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
1 Tbs. avocado oil*
1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
6 oz. cooked chicken`
38 G of Protein
44 G of Fat
18 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Primal Kitchen California extra virgin avocado oil is a good option to purchase.
1. Toss together all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Divide mixture evenly on two salad plates.
3. Serve immediately
This easy-to-make soup works as a stand-alone side. We've added shrimp for a meal you'll really enjoy. Be sure to serve this soup within 30 minutes so it will maintain a beautiful green color.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ cup diced peeled seedless cucumber
- 1 cup cold chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth*
- ¼ cup cold unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice • salt to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 3 oz. cooked, chilled shrimp
- chopped mint leaves, for optional garnish
25 G of Protein
32 G of Fat
22 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Pacific organic unsalted chicken stock is a good option to purchase.
1. Place the avocado and cucumber in a blender jar.
2. Add the chicken stock, almond milk, and lime juice and process until smooth.
3. Pour into a bowl and season with salt and Tabasco to taste.
4. Top with shrimp and garnish with chopped mint.
5. Serve immediately