Salads always make for a great meal. We added chicken, but feel free to add the protein of your choice from the approved ingredient list and you will have yourself a delicious meal you'll enjoy.
2/3 cup diced celery root or celery
2/3 cup diced seedless cucumber
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts, plus more for optional garnish
2 Tbs. green onions
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into chunks
1 Tbs. avocado oil*
1 Tsp apple cider vinegar
1 head Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
6 oz. cooked chicken`
38 G of Protein
44 G of Fat
18 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Primal Kitchen California extra virgin avocado oil is a good option to purchase.
1. Toss together all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Divide mixture evenly on two salad plates.
3. Serve immediately
This easy-to-make soup works as a stand-alone side. We've added shrimp for a meal you'll really enjoy. Be sure to serve this soup within 30 minutes so it will maintain a beautiful green color.
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- ½ cup diced peeled seedless cucumber
- 1 cup cold chicken stock or low-sodium chicken broth*
- ¼ cup cold unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbs. freshly squeezed lime juice • salt to taste
- Tabasco sauce to taste
- 3 oz. cooked, chilled shrimp
- chopped mint leaves, for optional garnish
25 G of Protein
32 G of Fat
22 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Pacific organic unsalted chicken stock is a good option to purchase.
1. Place the avocado and cucumber in a blender jar.
2. Add the chicken stock, almond milk, and lime juice and process until smooth.
3. Pour into a bowl and season with salt and Tabasco to taste.
4. Top with shrimp and garnish with chopped mint.
5. Serve immediately
Not all salads are created equally. This Greek salad is the perfect complement to the chicken thighs seasoned with fried oregano and thyme.
- cooking spray*
- 2 (5 oz.) bone-in chicken thighs with skin
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. ground thyme
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 head Romaine lettucerinsed, dried & chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 20 kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 lemon, juiced
27 G of Protein
42 G of Fat
13 G of Carbs
*NOTE: Save time by cooking multiple chicken thighs throughout the week for salad. Spectrum organic extra virgin olive oil non-stick cooking spray and Spectrum coconut oil non-stick cooking spray are good options to purchase.
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
3. Arrange chicken thighs on prepared baking sheet.
4. Combine garlic powder, Himalayan salt, onion powder, oregano, thyme, paprika and pepper together in a small container with a lid. Close the lid and shake container until spices are thoroughly mixed.
5. Sprinkle spice mixture liberally over chicken thighs.
6. Bake chicken in the preheated oven until skin is crispy, thighs are no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear about 1 hour. (An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165ºF.)
7. In a large salad bowl, combine the Romaine lettuce, onion, olives, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and cheese.
8. Whisk together the olive oil, oregano, lemon juice and black pepper.
9. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
This salmon recipe is delicious and the lime juice adds a refreshing citrus flavor you will enjoy. Limes are also a great source of vitamin C which helps to grow and repair our body's tissues.
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 (3 oz.) salmon steaks
- 4 cups young arugula leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
- 1 Tbs. grapeseed oil or olive oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar*
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 large avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
27 G of Protein
30 G of Fat
10 G of Carbs
*NOTE: 1 hour prep time is for marinating the salmon. Marukan organic rice vinegar is a good option to purchase.
1. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, mustard, ginger, garlic, cayenne pepper and black pepper in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag.
2. Add the salmon steaks, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag.
3. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
4. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate.
5. Remove the salmon from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade.
6. Grill until the fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 10 minutes per side depending on thickness.
7. In a large plastic bowl with a lid, combine arugula, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, oil, vinegar and Parmesan cheese.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and shake to mix.
9. Top salad with sliced avocado and salmon.